Tuesday, May 7, 2199

Interesting Effects

A few days ago when I went out to the biosphere, as I have become doing everyday, I noticed something different. It seemed like I was able to breath easier, like the air was clearer and less dense and smoggy. I watched as some birds flew about me, they seemed so much livelier and more energetic than the mangy ones in the city. Why is this? Why is it that the biosphere seems so much lively and happy?

I’ve been thinking about this for some time, so I decided to test a hypothesis. I brought a pot to the biosphere, loaded it with some soil and a few plants I felt were looking very healthy and snuck it into my room. Nothing happened to the air in my room and the plants started to wilt and die. I had been watering them and giving them sunlight, just as we learned in biology, but they still weren’t looking too good. So I began to bring more and more into my room. Now the plants are looking much better and I’m feeling great too. I love being in my room, it feels clean and fresh. Do you get what I’m saying? I think its the plants. Somehow the plants make the air fresher and clean. Like its getting rid of the pollution in the air. It is its own little life support system. Just imagine if the city incorporated plant life into the city, we may not even need a life support system. Oh, what a wonderful thought! I cant wait to tell Sissy about my findings.





Heres a picture Ive been dieing to take.  It from a top one of the old buildings looking down at the green city.

No comments:

Post a Comment