Saturday, May 11, 2199

In the Meantime..

So it’s the tenth day after the life support systems broke down. The air has become so gritty and moist it feels like I am breathing in cobwebs whenever I go outside without a mask. Only a couple of minutes of breathing in that unfiltered air makes me feel sick to my stomach. As a result of the air quality and the lack of visibility, school has been canceled because they don’t want massive amounts of kids driving around in the smog and getting into accidents.




In the mean time, the plants are doing great, and compared to the rest of the house, my room is a lot fresher. Even though my mom and dad have not entered my room in years, they all seem to be spending more time in the common area next to my room. Even though they have not mentioned anything about it to me, I think they subconsciously realize that there is something about being near my room makes the air smell and feel better as it permeates their lungs.

This is especially true of my Dad. Usually when he is at home, he spends all of his time cooped up in his office working on land management plans for the city. These days, when he is not rushing in and out of the house on government business he is usually working in the corner of the common area. He has even gotten to the point where he has moved his desk out here. The cool thing is that Dad’s co-workers are starting to notice too, they keep lingering in the common room whenever they come to meet with Dad. The other day, a small group even had a meeting here instead of at the Capital building down town. Maybe I should tell Dad why that room smells so fresh. Maybe it will help him fix the city! I am really nervous about his reaction though. I don’t want to anger him.

No comments:

Post a Comment